Friday, March 25, 2011

"So This Guy Calls..."

A guy calls the musician's guild to get a quote on a six piece band for a wedding.The rep says "Off the top of my head, about two thousand dollars".He says"WHAT? FOR MUSIC?. "The rep responds " I'll tell you what. Call the plumbers' union & ask for six plumbers to work from 6 to 12 o'clock on a Saturday night. Whatever they charge you, we'll work for half." "I get your point" he said. ....


The Gift, a psychedelic synth-pop band from Portugal, are releasing  a new album coming soon titled Explode. The Gift appropriately opened for (one of my all-time faves) The Flaming Lips on a tour a few years back. Here's for first single off Explode titled "Made for You". The video cheekily stars Lukas Haas and Isabel Lucas. 




Foster the People
As the dust settles on SXSW here are a few of the bands left standing a little further ahead then before the festival. I can't stop listening to the poppy hit "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People. A friend turned me on to these guys recently, just in time to get stoked for the album, which drops in May. Give it a spin below.
Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks by ESS Blog

The Vaccines
If I were a good "blogger" I would leak these tracks one a day but I'm not even really a blogger so... next up is The Vaccines. A four piece from the UK (and were arguably one of the festivals top billed) are to release What Did You Expect From The Vaccines? in North America on May 31. If you can't wait maybe you can dig up a copy at your local record store. So good.
The Vaccines - If You Wanna by Indiechorusly

The Death Set

Enough about SXSW already, earlier this week I mentioned The Death Set and how I highly recommend their latest album. Well here's a little taste and please, if at first you're not sure, wait for the epic Beastie Boys break down part way through. Plus it's a two minute song, what? Like you've got something better to do?
THE DEATH SET - A Problem Is A Problem It Don't Matter Where You From by Nicky Larsen

Yacht
Just out today are a couple of tracks for a couple of highly anticipated albums, I'll start with Yacht (reverse alphabetical). Here's the first single "Dystopia" off their upcoming album Shangri-La out in June.
YACHT-Dystopia by Tasty Ears

Here's another beautiful track off of Low's upcoming album C'mon. This one is called "Especially Me".
Low
Low - Especially Me by avha

I'm a little late getting on this but I do enjoy this track from The New Division titled "Starfield" off The Rookie EP they released back in January.
Starfield by The New Division

We're hard at work over at Tasty Ears website organizing some rad new videos for you guys. We've got 5 or 6 more bands lined up already so if you haven't check out the site yet, please do. There, now I've mentioned everything so I probably won't have anything of much interest to say for a while but check back soon because, we all know, I won't let that stop me from posting more words anyway.

P.S. Check out the Tasty Ears Upcoming Concert recommendations in the side bar and follow me on Hypemachine for an ever morphing Tasty Ears Top 100 tracks of the moment.

P.P.S Beard!

No comments:

Post a Comment